Wairarapa, August 6th, 2020
Activating Community-Led Change Workshop
Community-led development (CLD) aims to strengthen the vitality of local communities by activating and weaving the contributions of everyone connected to a place. Success is enabled by being creative, engaging multiple voices and perspectives, inspiring hope and possibility, and through finding ways for individuals to take action.
Packed with practical tips, tools and stories, this workshop will help you:
• Move from a consultation to empowerment mindset
• Get creative and engage local people and their dreams
• Build respectful relationships with tāngata whenua
• Understand and work with community-readiness
• Map community strengths and assets to build on what you’ve already got
• Enable others to actively shape, support and participate in locally-led projects
This workshop is facilitated by either Anna Parker or Kindra Douglas.