Making sense of Community-led Change - Auckland, August 2019. Co-hosted with Developmental Evaluation Institute
Working in community-led change is messy and challenging. This workshop is for those wanting to more authentically demonstrate meaning and value from community-led approaches and projects.
This deep dive session is for those working in community-led initiatives, as well as funders, evaluators and evaluation commissioners.
Over two days, we bring together insights, examples, tools and frameworks from both community-led Development (CLD) and developmental evaluation (DE). A practical, hands-on workshop with lots of opportunities to directly apply learning into your own situations, plans and projects.
This workshop will help you:
- Understand how DE and CLD principles and ways of working fit together
- Apply DE and CLD principles and values to your own community-based projects and context
- Understand how and why to use different kinds of evidence to understand and tell your story
- Use and apply some DE tools e.g. framing or reviewing your evaluation plan
- Understand what you can do yourselves and when specialist support might be required
To maximise the impact of this workshop we recommend bringing a colleague or peer from your project team so you can work on your evaluative plans and approaches together. This workshop is co-facilitated by Kate McKegg (Developmental Evaluation Institute) and Denise Bijoux (Inspiring Communities)