From reaching out to your neighbours to establishing up a community fruit and vegetable stand, there are many wonderful ways you can connect and engage with your community.
Have you considered developing your own community newsletter, or running your own street BBQ? Use these resources to support you with your planning.
Take action in your street or neighbourhood.
- 10 little ways for individuals to reach out to neighbours from the Neighbours Day Aotearoa website
- How to run a street BBQ
- How to set up a community fruit and veggie stand to share extra garden produce
- Find a community pantry near you
- Local book sharing initiatives – from Lilliput libraries in Dunedin to recycled fridges
- Starting a community newsletter