Learn by doing
Creating a local culture of learning, and reflection takes commitment and means that some light structures and processes need to be put in place. Use these resources to support the process of learning in your community.
It’s easy to get busy with the ‘doing’ and we don’t make time to reflect on what’s working, what’s not, learnings about and what we need to adapt.
Community-led development thrives when we create a climate that:
- is safe to ‘just try stuff’
- appreciates and supports people’s leadership initiatives and effort
- is honest, thoughtful and intentional about learning from failures and successes
- is positive, fun and creative when celebrating success, however big or small
- encourages story-telling about communities: where we have been, what we are doing and the difference we are making towards our community – a great place to live, work and play in
Having intentional strategies in place to learn from our failures and successes is the key to positive outcomes.